This Web page is aimed at being a central repository of information for our 2018 Daytime and Evening Gatherings. The Daytime participant will choose, over the year, from two projects: "Antelope Canyon" from Laurie Shifrin Designs or a Web-downloaded-by-the-participant pattern: "Sea Swept by Laura Flynn", and the Evening participant will choose quilt patterns selected from: "modern neutrals, A fresh look at Neutral Quilt Patterns" by Amy Ellis.
(Note: Evening Gatherers have decided that they may also choose from the Daytime projects).
The 2018 Gatherings are taking place monthly, started in January 2018, and continuing:
- Evening Gathering: The second Monday of each month, 5:00-9:00pm.
The final Evening Gathering was December 10, 2018
Note: This 2018 project came to a close in December. If you are interested in participating in the 2019 Evening Gathering, registration will start in mid-December 2018. To register, stop by the store after December 10 and ask for Sonja (she will know of the matter) to be placed on the 2019 Evening Gathering participantís list. If the Evening Gathering is fully subscribed, we will open a Wait List and you will be placed on such. Thank you for your cooperation.
- Daytime Gathering: The third Tuesday of each month, 10:00am-4:00pm.
The final Daytime Gathering was December 18, 2018
Note: This 2018 project came to a close in December. If you are interested in participating in the 2019 Daytime Gathering, registration will start in mid-December 2018. To register, stop by the store after December 10 and ask for Sonja (she will know of the matter) to be placed on the 2019 Daytime Gathering participantís list. If the Daytime Gathering is fully subscribed, we will open a Wait List and you will be placed on such. Thank you for your cooperation.
For participating in the Gathering, you are reminded that:
- The Gathering participants purchased, from our store, books or non-Web Downloadable patterns chosen to be part of the Gatherings and the fabric needed for quilts created during the Gatherings..
- For the 2018 Gatherings, a yearly fee of $50 is charged when the attendee commits to the first Gathering he/she attends.
- Gathering participants should have experience in sewing and in making quilts.
- Gathering participants, surely, interact. However, the Gathering is not a class . Each participant is expected to be able to manage his/her own project.
- The store will not be able to arrange and set-up class machines for use during the Gatherings. Gathering participants should bring to the Gathering what they need for sewing/cutting during the Gathering.
- Due to the numerous options / aims / of each Gathering participant, space at the Gathering is limited.
Gathering Participants must be pre-signed up. "Drop in" participants, due to classroom class size and machine space limitations will not be accommodated. Sorry!
- If a Gathering participant decides to "drop out" of the 2018 Gatherings, it would be appreciated if that were known by the store; there may a wait-list and, if a Gathering slot opens - Persons on the wait-list will be notified of such.
Further information will be available on this Webpage and via eMail sent to Gathering participants.
The 2018 Gatherings are expected to be over-subscribed. If you wish more information about participating in either the monthly Daytime (third Tuesday) or Evening (second Monday) 2018 Gatherings, stop by the store or:
send mail to: patternchoice2018bwos at Bernina World of Sewing dot com
Thank you for the entire-year of our working together. It has been a real pleasure. It was exciting to see all the finished quilts at our last meeting; I was proud of us!
I hope that the "Friendly Competition" between the Evening and the Daytime groups will go on in the new year. I am looking forward to it!
Have a good start to 2019!
Interaction/More-Sharing Regarding the Pattern Choice Gatherings 2018
A BLOG has been set up, aimed to be used by those of you who are participating in the 2018 Gatherings at our store. To access the BLOG, just click on:
BWOS Pattern Choice 2018 Gatherings BLOG
(The BLOG will, after a Gathering has been held, point to the Gathering images in larger-sized images).
Full-session(s) of effort - and, it is GREAT to see all of your progress. Good luck as this year's Gatherings wind-down. During the Daytime Gathering, especially, discussions have started about potential 2019 Gathering projects. Log Cabin theme seems to be leading the path! Comments are welcome - Time is flying. Interesting, eh?